Every home improvement project has an impact on your home value. Some projects, such as kitchen remodeling and bathroom remodeling, are known to be great investments. Each adds functionality to a home and each has a high return on investment here in Maryland, 72.2% and 59.6% respectively. In layman’s terms, each of these projects is a good investment, and when a homeowner sells their home they can expect to recoup $0.60-$0.72 for every dollar they spend. But what about decking? Is it a good investment?
What is the Return on Investment of a New Deck in Maryland?
According to Remodeling Magazine’s Cost vs. Value Report, a new deck in Maryland can carries an average return on investment between 66.4% (composite) and 78.6% (wood). In other words, decking is an excellent investment. Additional benefits include:
- A new deck adds invaluable outdoor living space to your home.
- A deck adds home value.
- Adding a deck can make your home more visually appealing and enhance its overall curb appeal.
- A composite deck is also known as a low maintenance deck for one very good reason. It requires very little maintenance.
- If you want to increase curb appeal and living space in a single weekend then a new deck is the perfect project for you.
- Other projects with similar returns on investment will run you tens of thousands of dollars. A new deck is much more affordable.
- And More!
Maryland Deck Builders
Mid- Atlantic Deck and Fence has been building custom fences and decks throughout Maryland since 1987. Today, we are not only one of Maryland’s leading and most innovative deck and fence companies, but we also have one of the largest selections of low maintenance decking products in the state.
Click Here to request an estimate today!
If you already have a deck, but it’s looking a little worse for wear, Re-Decking may be an option. It’s like a facelift for your deck. The existing frame remains in place and only the deck boards are replaced. Re-decking is a cost-effective alternative to total deck replacement.
If you have any questions about the Return on Investment of a New Deck in Maryland, please contact Mid Atlantic Deck & Fence (MAD Fence) today by clicking here or calling 1-800-833-9310. We proudly serve Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Howard, Montgomery and surrounding counties.