Along with the beautiful flowers, fresh lawns, and crisp rains of spring, many homeowners have to deal with animals destroying their landscaping or garden. Thankfully, other than the many ways to deter pests from your yard, you can build a vinyl fence and quickly take care of the problem. One of the best ways to protect your yard from animals this spring is installing a new vinyl fence. What’s so great about vinyl fencing?
How Can You Tell A Fence Will Protect You From Animals?
There are several different factors that determine whether or not a fence can protect your yard from animal damage, including:
- Durability: Vinyl fencing is incredibly durable and impact-resistant, so even larger animals like deer won’t be able to break through by charging.
- Height: The average height for fences is six feet. Vinyl fences have the added benefit of being able to be up to twelve feet tall, so they can totally protect you from animals who love to climb or jump.
- Hard to Climb: Some fences, like wood, can initially keep out pests but struggle to keep it up once they start getting weathered. Vinyl fencing will not start to provide a foothold to any potential pests over time.
- Longevity: Vinyl fences can last for decades as long as they are properly maintained, making them a fantastic investment for your home.
Are There Any Additional Features?
If you mainly want a fence to keep animals out of your yard, vinyl fencing has a lot to offer, including:
- Nets or webbing so that animals can’t slip through the posts
- Digging boards (additional length added to the bottom of your fence so that they can’t easily dig under it and get through)
- Electric wire if you are dealing with large animals or dangerous pests
Ready for the Vinyl Fence of Your Dreams?
Mid-Atlantic Deck & Fence has almost 30 years of experience in building beautiful custom fences, gazebos, screened-in porches, and decks throughout the state of Maryland. We have the expertise to design your dream fence or custom deck and have it installed in a headache-free process. Give us a call at 1-800-833-9310 or visit us online for a quote today! We offer many different styles of fencing and decking in addition to custom options designed specifically to suit your preferences and tastes. To see examples of our work and get more tips on how to choose the right gazebo for your family, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Houzz, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn.