Now that the weather outside is not longer frightful and the fire inside has died down, it’s time to move your extracurricular activities outdoors and enjoy your hardscaping and landscaping. If the seasons have not been kind to your wood deck and you are noticing any deck rotting, it might be time to restore or rebuild this spring. Should you be worried about restoring your deck this spring?
Restoration is an increasingly-popular alternative to completely redoing a deck and it’s a great way to extend the longevity of your outdoor living space. Restoration costs much less than totally replacing a wood deck, and refinishing can totally transform the look of your deck without putting much of a dent in your wallet. Restoration is also eco-friendly, since you won’t be purchasing new building materials like you need to to construct a deck from scratch. Restoration chemicals can also be environmentally friendly.
What Are Signs that Your Deck Needs Restoration?
It can be tricky to tell the difference between a deck in need of a simple restoration and a deck in need of major renovation. Here are some of the most common signs of a deck in need of restoration:
- Your deck has minor structural issues that can be temporarily repaired by replacing a portion of the wood
- You have deck rotting present in portions of your deck, but not large swaths
- You have warping floor boards on your deck
- Your deck has shaky or unstable hand rails
- Your deck has loose pieces or floorboards
- Any part of your deck is starting to crack or splinter
- Your wood deck doesn’t look very nice (patches of discoloration, cracked or warped areas, dry patches, or faded areas)
Ready for the Wood Deck of Your Dreams?
Mid-Atlantic Deck & Fence has almost 30 years of experience in building beautiful custom fences, gazebos, screened-in porches, and decks throughout the state of Maryland. We have the expertise to design your dream fence or custom deck and have it installed in a headache-free process. Give us a call at 1-800-833-9310 or visit us online for a quote today! We offer many different styles of fencing and decking in addition to custom options designed specifically to suit your preferences and tastes. To see examples of our work and get more tips on how to choose the right gazebo for your family, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Houzz, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn.