The weather’s turned cold, and we’ve already had significant wind and rain storms. It won’t be long until the white stuff returns. If you haven’t already, you’ll need to take a few steps to prepare your deck for winter’s onslaught. This article summarizes those steps, but here are the main points.
- Move planters off the deck if possible. If it isn’t, make sure you clean beneath and around them to remove any debris, mold, or stains.
- Sweep the deck clean of leaves, dirt, and other loose debris.
- Scrub the deck to clean off any mold or mildew. This is especially important if you have composite decking as it’s more susceptible to mold growth.
- Restain the deck if you have natural wood and have not done so recently.
- Cover the deck with tarp or plastic if you typically receive a lot of snow.
By taking these steps, you can keep your deck ready for use next spring. For more advice or help winterizing your deck, contact us.